Brad's Movie Challenge

Starting 01/01/06, Brad is going to watch one movie, everyday, for 365 days. This site will serve to document all rules & exclusions of the "Challenge" as well as keeping track of Brad's progress.

1/20/2006

01/19/06 Crash

Crash (2004), directed by Paul Haggis

watched solo; DVD rental (Netflix) @ home

I knew this would be an emotional rollercoaster. I knew this had a lot of Oscar buzz behind it. I knew Sandra Bullock was supposed to be a meany in it. I knew the ensemble cast was interwining stories of embattled race relations & tragedies. What I didn't know is that I would really like it so much, fulfilling the buzzworthiness. A real gut-check of American society. Plus, this honestly had what could easily be the sweetest & saddest scenes ever in a film. If you welled up at the scenes I'm talking about, you're a sucker. If you didn't tear up at them, you're a liar. I'm a sucker.

4 out of 5 stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home