Brad's Movie Challenge

Starting 01/01/06, Brad is going to watch one movie, everyday, for 365 days. This site will serve to document all rules & exclusions of the "Challenge" as well as keeping track of Brad's progress.

1/29/2006

01/28/06 Chicago

Chicago (2002), directed by Rob Marshall

watched w/ Leslie; DVD rental (Netflix) @ home

OK, I'm going to say right off the bat that I don't like movie musicals. So, that right there hurts this movie's potential from the get-go. However, this viewing was a scientific observation on my part, as Leslie & I went to see the actual musical stage production of Chicago this evening in Raleigh. I much more preferred the stage production (adds 1 1/2 stars easily); which allows for more exaggeration, choreography, and comedic relief. The movie had not enough of those, nor did it translate well to celluloid in my opinion. It did, however, allow for more character development and back-story. Some routines were cool, like the Murderers' Row, but it's not my cup of film-tea. Stick with the stage, so you won't get the hook.

2 out of 5 stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home