Brad's Movie Challenge

Starting 01/01/06, Brad is going to watch one movie, everyday, for 365 days. This site will serve to document all rules & exclusions of the "Challenge" as well as keeping track of Brad's progress.

2/15/2006

02/14/06 Love Story

Love Story (1970), directed by Arthur Hiller

watched w/ Leslie (partially); DVD rental (Blockbuster) @ home

So, two statements. One, I hate Valentine's Day. Two, I hate internet pollsters who stuff the ballot box to make me watch this turd of a movie. To explain further...I'm a hopeless romantic in my own right, and I don't need a corporate holiday to force me to be so, and purchase cheesy heart-shaped candy boxes or teddy bears w/ wings. Also, I feel like if we're going to have a poll, I will take the results like a man & watch whatever wins...but I don't have to like it. I thought this was supposed to be a classic; the pinnacle of love stories in Hollywood. While it has the very real elements of young love, class systems, rebellion, and untimely death...it also has no redeeming value in being tagged a classic. Sorry. Maybe I'm being bitter for the choice, but I thought it was rather cheesy acting for a subject so serious. The soundtrack never backed the mood, and there were so many things left unfinished for me as a viewer. Also, what the hell does "love means never having to say you're sorry" mean anyway? That's easily the worst line in cinema ever. Oh, and I hope cupid spreads some love your way today too. Bah humbug.

2 out of 5 stars

1 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What can I say about a 25 year old girl who died--that she loved Mozart, Bach (sound of clearing one's throat), the Beatles, and me? Let's hope the St. Patrick's Day poll goes better. Vote for Roan Inish; I'm anxious to see a movie about people who can change into seals.

    L

     

Post a Comment

<< Home